Provident CRM & Provident Technology Limited (hereinafter referred to as “Provident” “Provident Technology” “us” “we” or “our”) is committed to respecting your privacy and to complying with all applicable data protection and privacy laws.
Increasing innovation and development in mobile telecommunications means that our relationship with our customers is growing closer.
We acknowledge that our customers like to be briefed on what we do with their personal data. Therefore the objective of this policy is to inform you how we handle your personal data.
Provident Technology offers a wide range of product and services based on modern technologies including mobile telecommunications and internet (related) services.
This policy applies to all personal data (“Data”) in our possession and specifically includes the following: Login Details, Customer Case information & network details, customer information (including name, address, fixed line number, mobile number, email address and all other contact details).
1. All Data will be obtained fairly. We will make you aware of all purposes that we intend to use your Data for at the time of collection or will be advised to you prior to use.
2. Data will be accurate and complete and, where necessary, kept up to date.
3. Data will be adequate, relevant and not excessive in relation to the purposes for which it was obtained.
4. All acquisition methods (e.g. customer application forms, competition entries) will have a clear information piece explaining any intended purposes including secondary uses that may not be obvious to you (e.g. if competition entries are intended to be used for marketing purposes this will be clearly advised to you and an appropriate opt-out box will be provided).
Use and Disclosure of Information
5. Data will be kept only for clear and legal purposes.
6. All Data will be processed fairly and in keeping with the purposes for which it was obtained.
7. Data will not be used, disclosed or processed in any manner incompatible with the purposes for which it was obtained.
8. Disclosure of Data will only be made to third parties who are our agents or servants acting on our directions. Save as required by law (e.g. criminal investigations) no disclosure of Data will be made to third parties for those third parties’ own purposes or use.
9. Under no circumstances will lists of customer data/information (i.e. mailing lists or database information) be disclosed to a third party for that third party’s exploitation or use without your express permission. Data may be legitimately given to Provident Technology’s servants or agents for legitimate purposes as described above. This may include the transfer of data to other jurisdictions for processing. In these circumstances Provident Technology will ensure that adequate contractual and technical safeguards are in place to protect your Data. All such processing will take place in full compliance with all applicable laws.
10. If Data has been obtained for a purpose without advising you of other compatible secondary purposes for which it is subsequently to be used, the Data will not be so used without advising you.
11. Data will be kept for no longer than is necessary for the primary purpose for which it was obtained.
12. Data will be retained for any period required by law.
13. Some Data that is not otherwise subject to retention for normal reasons may need to be retained because of circumstances such as litigation or government investigation.
15. Depending on the type of browser you are using, you may be able to configure your browser so that: (i) you are prompted to accept or reject cookies on an individual basis or (ii) to prevent your browser from accepting any cookies at all. You should refer to the supplier or manufacturer of the web browser for specific details about cookie security.
Access to your Information
16. You are entitled to copies of your Data kept by us. Requests should be in writing* and should be addressed to Data Protection Officer, Provident Technology Limited, 50 Clontarf Rd, Clontarf, Dublin 3. Please quote your name, address and your Login username. We will take all reasonable steps to confirm your identity before issuing any copy Data.
17. Provident Technology is constantly reviewing and enhancing its technical, physical and managerial procedures and rules to protect your personal data from unauthorised access, accidental loss and/or destruction. We use industry standard secure sockets layer (SSL) technology, for example, to encrypt sensitive information such as your credit card and other financial information.
18. Please be aware that communications over the Internet, such as emails/webmails, are not secure unless they have been encrypted. Your communications may route through a number of countries before being delivered – this is the nature of the World Wide Web/Internet. Provident Technology cannot accept responsibility for any unauthorised access or loss of personal information that is beyond our control.
19. It may be necessary to transfer your personal information to other group companies or service providers located in countries outside of the European Economic Area (EEA)**. This may happen where our servers or suppliers and service providers are based outside of the EEA or where you use our services and products while visiting countries outside of the EEA. The data protection and other laws of these countries may not be as comprehensive as those in Ireland or the EU – in these instances we will take steps to ensure that your privacy rights are respected.
20. If you have any query about Provident Technology.s data protection policy or practices, please write to: Data Protection Officer, Provident CRM & Provident Technology, 6/7 Exchange Place, IFSC, Dublin 1, D01 T9C2 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
21. This policy should be read in conjunction with the general terms and conditions of this website.
22. We reserve the right to amend or modify this Data Protection Policy at any time in response to changes in applicable data protection and privacy legislation.
Although this website only looks to include quality, safe and relevant external links, users are advised adopt a policy of caution before clicking any external web links mentioned throughout this website. The owners of this website cannot guarantee or verify the contents of any externally linked website despite their best efforts. Users should therefore note they click on external links at their own risk and this website and its owners cannot be held liable for any damages or implications caused by visiting any external links mentioned.
Social Media Platforms
Communication, engagement and actions taken through external social media platforms that this website and its owners participate on are custom to the terms and conditions as well as the privacy policies held with each social media platform respectively. Users are advised to use social media platforms wisely and communicate / engage upon them with due care and caution in regard to their own privacy and personal details. Neither this website nor its owners will ever ask for personal or sensitive information through social media platforms and encourage users wishing to discuss sensitive details to contact them through primary communication channels such as by telephone or email. This website may use social sharing buttons which help share web content directly from web pages to the social media platform in question. Users are advised before using such social sharing buttons that they do so at their own discretion and note that the social media platform may track and save your request to share a web page respectively through your social media platform account.
Shortened Links in Social Media
This website and its owners through their social media platform accounts may share web links to relevant web pages. By default some social media platforms shorten lengthy urls [web addresses] (this is an example: http://bit.ly/zyVUBo). Users are advised to take caution and good judgement before clicking any shortened urls published on social media platforms by this website and its owners. Despite the best efforts to ensure only genuine urls are published many social media platforms are prone to spam and hacking and therefore this website and its owners cannot be held liable for any damages or implications caused by visiting any shortened links.
* – We may charge a small fee to cover the administration costs. This fee is set by the Data Protection Commissioner from time to time
** The European Economic Area (EEA) currently comprises the Member states of the European Union plus Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein