Avoid Changing SugarCRM outlook password with OAuth Login
Do you regularly change your SugarCRM password, and don’t want the hassle of having to re-configure the Outlook plugin every time? Following the release of the SugarCRM plugin for Outlook in February 2012 you can now use OAuth so there is only a one-time setup. Below is a list of steps to setup OAuth with your SugarCRM Outlook Plugin.
OAuth login is a new feature of Sugar Plug-in for Microsoft Outlook, Feb 2012 Release. This is a good login option for users who need to change their Sugar login credentials frequently. OAuth enables users to establish a permanent connection between Sugar Plug-in for Microsoft Outlook and the Sugar application and works seamlessly when the user’s login credentials changes in Sugar. Users need to complete a one-time process to retrieve the OAuth token from Sugar and establish this permanent connection. Follow the steps listed below to retrieve the OAuth token from Sugar and establish a permanent connection between Sugar Plug-in for Microsoft Outlook and the Sugar application:
- Open Sugar in your default browser and login using your credentials.
- Open Sugar Plug-in for Microsoft Outlook Settings.
- Select the Use OAuth login checkbox.
- Click the Retrieve OAuth access token button.
This displays a new page with two fields – Consumer Key and Consumer Secret.
NB: You might need to resize the window in order to see all the fields!!!
- Enter the Consumer Key and Consumer Secret
- You can get these values from your Sugar admin. If you are an admin, get this from Sugar>Admin>System> OAuth Keys.
- Click Continue.This displays a web page in your default browser with an option to authorize your token.
- Authorize the token by clicking the Authorize Token button.This displays an authorization code.
- Copy the authorization code, go to Sugar Plug-in for Microsoft Outlook and paste the authorization code in the input box.
- Click Ok.
- This retrieves the permanent OAuth token from Sugar.
- Ensure that the OAuth token and secret are populated in the corresponding fields.
- Click the Test connection button and ensure that a connection is established between Sugar Plug-in for Microsoft Outlook and your Sugar application.
- Click Ok to save the settings and return to Sugar Plug-in for Microsoft Outlook.